Your Holiday Home
Your Holiday Home
Its Time To
RELAX & ENJOY
Beautiful Town House in the quaint fishing town of Looe
You can relax at our two bedroom house even though you are located in the heart of Looe, Cornwall. At Captains House you can unwind in a quiet and comfortable home, one minute from the beach and restaurants.
Super King bed with plenty of space
The super king bed has plenty of space around it and a large bay window all triple glazed for peace and quiet in the middle of Looe
Luxury walk in shower with grab rail
Adjacent to the main bedroom the modern shower facility with heated towel rail
Twin bedded room with comfy beds
Adjacent to the luxury bathroom both bedrooms are en suite, ideal for two couples
A balcony in the attic
You can see the sea and lovely roofscapes of East and West Looe from here
A fully equipped kitchen
You can take advantage of the fresh fish for sale in Pengellys and top quality produce in Quayside. There are two Co Ops open every day from 6 am to 10pm
The comfortable lounge
You can sit and watch the world go by behind triple glazed windows, watch the smart tv, cosy with the stove in Winter
The multi fuel stove
For those winter stays, Captains House is a cosy retreat, the stove heats the whole house! We supply the fuel at cost.
A very large bath
The large bath is right next to the twin bedroom on the third floor of this town house, making bath bedrooms en suite
The seaside town of Looe keeps visitors entertained all year round whilst still retaining a working fishing port. Our 17century cottage is perfectly located for you to start exploring the natural beauty the area has to offer. Stand on the quayside in the evening and watch the boats return before dining on fresh fish in a local restaurant.
The town prides itself on it's fresh fish, and be it award winning fish and chips near the river or gourmet menus in smart restaurants overlooking the harbour.
To work all that food off, Looe is a great place for walking. The South West Coast Path passes through the town, plus there are countless walks in the beautiful countryside, or along the two rivers that flow inland.
For children, a safe sandy beach with rockpools beside it is all they need, just one minute from Captains House.
Things to do in Looe
• Looe's main beach offers soft golden sand and slopes gently to provide safe swimming and a regular sun trap. It is easily accessible from the town providing all you need for a relaxing day including cafe's and shops.
• A visit to Looe Museum reveals a collection of smuggling memorabilia, the town’s railway heritage and some wonderful model boats housed in the towns old Guildhall and Gaol. There's even a ghost who lurks in the dark recesses downstairs!
• The newly opened Sardine Factory Heritage Centre at West Looe tells the story of Looe's maritime heritage.
• Looe Marine Conservation Group run regular rockpool rambles for kids of all ages. Their website has loads of information, including a what's on listing for wildlife events and encourages visitors to discover, explore and learn about rockpooling, crabbing, snorkelling, bird watching, fishing and visiting Looe Island
• Apes and monkeys rescued from all over the world are looked after by dedicated staff at The Wild Futures Monkey Sanctuary four miles from Looe.
• Looe has a long harbour wall that stretches up to the Victorian bridge and is perfect for catching crabs from. A line, a small bucket, a piece of bacon and a bit of patience is all you need to keep the kids entertained for hours
• Take a trip out to Looe Island, once a holy pilgrimage site, nowadays it's a sanctuary for rare plants and wildlife. It’s here you’ll find a grey seal population sunbathing on the rocks and doing all manner of cute things as you observe them from a bobbing boat
• Often reported to be in the top 4 places in the UK to celebrate New Year, thousands of revelers flock to Looe dressed in an array of fabulous costumes to bring in the new year. Plenty of bonhomie topped off with a fantastic firework display on the seafront.
• Fishing is big business in the town and visitors can try their hand with a rod and line on organized mackerel fishing trips close to the shore or for big game hunters, you can take a boat and head down to meet the Gulf Stream 25 miles out to sea to seek out crafty blue sharks.
Why Choose Us
Paul and Kathy have been in the hospitality business for 35 years now and have always aimed high. Experience showed us that satisfied guests are returning guests!
We live nearby, as does our staff, we only own one property, and we enjoy getting it right! We only sell directly, never through a holiday letting business.
We have kept 2020 prices and not elevated our prices in this post pandemic period. We only sell directly and we really value the returning guest.
Clean And Safe
We have all the appropriate measures in place and deep clean after every stay.